Battery Backup System and Other Ways to Keep Water Out of Your Home – South Bend Indiana
Your home is important and you want to keep it well-maintained and free from damage. This means that you should take the necessary steps to keep it free from water damage from rain and other sources. If you don’t, you run the risk of damaging your home’s foundation, cause wood structures to rot, and encourage mold growth. Water damage can be very costly to repair as well, so you want to do whatever you can to prevent water from coming near your home.
There are many ways in which you can protect your home from water damage such as using gutters or a battery backup system. Let’s take a look at a few.
- Gutters and downspouts: Ensuring that you have gutters and downspouts is one of the first steps you should take to keep water out of your home. These can be easily installed by a contractor. If you already have gutters and downspouts, you want to clean them regularly to remove any debris that can prevent them from directing water away from your home.
- Battery backup system: A battery backup system such as the Smart Power Battery Backup can protect your home from water damage during power outages. It works by automatically turning on when and if the AC power fails. It is easy to install, has a long-running time, and is very powerful. You will want to find a battery backup system that you can trust to stay on as long as possible, especially during a storm.
- Grading: Grading or changing the slope of your landscape is an effective way of redirecting water away from the home. However, this may be costly or time-consuming, and will not work on all types of properties.
- Foundation waterproofing: The foundation walls can be waterproofed to prevent water from the soil from entering. This can be done using a layer of tar or a plastic membrane.
- Interior drainage system: This drainage system is used if the property layout makes it difficult for an exterior drainage system to be installed. The system is placed underneath the concrete slab or your home’s foundation.
- Exterior drainage system: This can be an expensive and time-consuming method, but it works very well. It involves digging a trench where the runoff occurs. The trench has a pipe that leads to a ditch. The pipe brings the water to the sump pump, where it is pumped away from the home.
Contact the Professionals at Everdry Waterproofing of Michiana Today! (574) 272-3788