Foundation Repair Granger, IN
Foundation Repair and Basement Waterproofing
Everdry Michiana is the areas premier basement waterproofing and foundation repair company. In an area with an abundance of older homes, it is a good idea to have your home inspected and if needed waterproofed by a professional. Everdry Michiana provides services in the metro area, as well as the surrounding suburbs. Everdry Waterproofing is the Nation’s leading residential basement waterproofing contractor. Since 1983, Everdry Waterproofing of Michiana has provided full-service waterproofing for more than 80,000 satisfied customers. Everdry professionals take a personal one-on-one approach in educating homeowners so they truly understand all their options for creating a safe, dry, usable space in their basements. Contact Everdry Michiana for a FREE consultation!
Facts About Granger
Before Granger was founded, the northeast corner of St. Joseph County took its name from one of its first European settlers, Jacob Harris. Harris came to the area from Ohio with his family in 1830, starting a wheat farm on what would become known as Harris Prairie. He was joined by other early pioneers such as David and Josephus Baldwin, Joseph Buel, Jacob Meyer and Arbogast Zaehnle. For the next 50 years, growth was slow. As the waterlogged area was drained, it could be used for grazing or cultivating hay. In 1880, Notre Dame owned the largest farm in the township, from which came their beef and milk supply. The railroad changed the fate of Harris Township, as it did for much of the St. Joseph River Valley. The 1880 History of St. Joseph County mentions the Grand Trunk railroad line in this area, connecting Chicago and Port Huron, Mich. It describes the line, saying, “(T)here is no town upon this line in this township, nothing but a station, where there are a depot and post office, called Granger; no business of any kind is done.” Soon after, the Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway (called the “Big Four”) came through the northeastern corner of the county on its way from Anderson, Ind., to Benton Harbor. In 1895, George A. Ogle & Co.’s map of Harris Township shows the name Granger not as a rail depot, but as a small town. Today, the land where the depot once stood is occupied by Big C Lumber, near the corner of Adams Road and Princess Way. The station is memorialized in a portion of the exterior of the nearby Martin’s Super Market. Today, Granger has a population of more than 30,000 people.