Foundation Waterproofing Services
Option 2 – Interior Systems
Inside drains may be used to waterproof from the inside of the basement. Typically, this involves opening the floor around the perimeter of the basement, digging a trench, and installing pipe and gravel around the footer. We also install ‘weep-holes’—small, one-half- to three-quarter-inch holes in each block cavity—to release any water that may be trapped. The holes are covered with a plastic molding or styrene panel before the floor is re-concreted.
- Effective at removing hydrostatic pressure at base of foundation.
- Least expensive waterproofing.
- Does not disturb landscaping around outside of house.
- Addresses 2 of the 4 ways moisture gets in the foundation.
- Highest risk solution since it brings surface water inside, then pumps it outside.
- Unprotected outside walls susceptible to more cracking and leaking.
- May lead to undermining of footer.
- Warranty covers floor only.
- Does not address humidity which causes more growth.