What You Need to Know About Indoor Air Quality Granger IN
Most people know about the importance of having good outside air quality. People know that there are pollutants in the air we breathe outdoors and the importance of trying to reduce air pollution. Indoor air quality also plays a role in the quality of our health. This is why indoor air pollution should also be a major concern for any property owner. Take a look at some important information about indoor air quality.
- Why is indoor air quality important?
Breathing air is an important part of maintaining overall good health. Many people spend the majority of their time indoors, which means that it is critical that the indoor air quality remain at an optimal level. If people breathe in pollutants every day, over time they may be at a higher risk of developing health problems. They may also not be getting the best quality of oxygen.
- What are some common pollutants?
There are many different types of pollutants in the air we breathe, both indoors and outside. Some of the common pollutants that can affect indoor air quality include:
- Secondhand smoke – Secondhand smoke is a serious air pollutant that can cause respiratory problems. It can worsen symptoms for people with asthma and increase ear infections, especially in children.
- Radon – Radon is a dangerous gas. It has been identified as a cause of lung cancer. It can enter the home through improperly sealed openings and cracks in the building.
- Combustion pollutants – These are gases such as nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide, which come from improperly vented fuel-burning appliances, such as wood stoves, fireplaces, water heaters, dryers, and gas stoves.
- What can property owners do?
The HVAC systems play an important role in maintaining good air quality. Air should be able to circulate freely indoors. Property owners should consider installing a ventilation system, such as the EZ Breathe. This is an energy-efficient way of bringing the outside air into the building. It can also remove pollutants that are airborne to provide clean, fresh air.
Controlling the humidity of a building is also important. If the humidity is too high, it can result in the rapid growth of mold, which can cause respiratory problems. If humidity is too low, it can cause throat and skin dryness, and sinuses.
Homeowners and building managers should pay attention to the air inside so that they can be sure they are providing the best indoor air quality possible. This can help reduce health problems and improve a person’s overall wellbeing.
Contact the Professionals at Everdry Waterproofing of Michiana Today! (574) 272-3788